Bikes are our essential company of going out of home alone. There are many kinds of bikes. Fixed gear bike is one of them. Also, fixed gear bike is exceptional than any other bikes, and it needs some techniques to ride and stop. To have a safe ride, you need to know the rules of stopping of a fixed gear bike.
Methods of Stopping a Fixed Gear Bike
Here are the following guidelines and techniques for stopping a fixed gear bike. So, it is urgent learning for you to have a safe and easy feeling ride on any fixed gear bike.
You have to skip stopping first because you cannot stop your fixed gear bike suddenly. To stop your bike, you have to skip the tendency of stopping suddenly. Instead, you have to push your body on the handle and make your back high from the ground or road with the ring of the cycle and do it several times to slow down your speed.
Balancing the Legs
In a time of riding a fixed gear bike, you have to paddle with your legs. Also, in time of stopping you have to use the legs. Your both legs should be in a balanced position in time of stopping the cycle. With the help of your leg you can push your body on the front ring of your cycle, and thus, you can stop the speed of your bike slowly.
In a time of stopping your bike back pressure is not an important issue but it helps a lot. When you push on the handle to jump your bike from the back, it helps to do this.
The main attempt at stopping any fixed gear bike is to paddle back. Also, paddling back is risky because it may be the cause of your fall down on the ground but you have to be very cautious in time of paddling back. You have to back paddle a bit and after that paddle front a bit and again paddle back a bit to stop you fixed gear bike. After doing this several times, your bike’s speed will slowdown and finally stop.
Trying to Slow down Your Speed
It is another important concept to bear in mind for you in time of stopping you fixed gear bike. Never try to stop your bike suddenly, you should stop your bike slowly.
Taking a Safe Position of the Body
At the time of stopping your bike, you should maintain a safe position of your body with the bike so that you never get fallen suddenly off the bike. So, it is urgent to keep a balance and safe position of your body when you try to stop your fixed gear bike.
Gear bikes can run at a great speed, but sometimes, it can be hard to stop a fixed gear bike. The main goal of learning how to stop a bike is to avoid collision and accident. Maintaining the above procedures, you can stop a fixed gear bike safely.
- Dive into the world of fixed-gear cycling with the Schwinn Kedzie 700C Fixie Bicycle. This fixie bike features a Schwinn steel racing frame and fork for a responsive, reliable ride.
- In true fixed-gear fashion, a 46T by 18T single-speed drivetrain with flip-flop hub propels this bike (fixed cog sold separately).
- 700C wheels with 32H alloy rims offer strength and performance during commutes.
- Designed for city riding, alloy front and rear caliper brakes deliver precise stops, while Schwinn urban seat and grips add comfort and style.
- This men's bike ships ready to be assembled, has a limited lifetime warranty, and the wheels measure 700C.